I do not own an iphone but I must say I am totally intrigued by the number of applications …or “apps” that are offered for the phone. Watching these commercials for all their apps triggered me to look into this phenom. This phone can walk, talk, and become your best friend! To think of it, you could probably have a “relationship” with this phone thanks to the thousands of apps available.
Let’s see. I’m bored today and have only watched 3 or 4 hours of COPS on TV. I can click on my POLICE SCANNER App and listen to over 1100 streaming police/medical and fire radio channels from all over the U.S. Or how about my IC LIVE CAM App? This App has been in the top 10 in sales in the U.S. Live streaming video of thousands of web cams all over the world. Walking around and looking for free WIFI because I’ve spent all my money on Apps for my phone. Click the WIFI TRAK App and it will find free WIFI public access points quickly and easily.
Feeling creative? HEAT PAD is an App that creates colorful designs on the screen based upon heat sensitivity of your fingers. The TUNE TANGO App allows you to pictures of your friends faces and add them to the body of a dancing cartoon character. Trying to impress a significant other with your talent? Keep it simple with the I BEER App that simulates on your iphone screen a full mug of beer. Tip it sideways and it sloshes around. For the more sophisticated, the 5800 DRINK AND COCKTAIL RECIPE PRO lets you make experiment to make the perfect alcoholic beverage. Or skip the alcohol and simply impress others with the 6500 AWESOME FACT PRO App.
Going to bed…the NIGHTSTAND App (over 3 million of these downloaded so far) transforms your phone to a useable soft glow digital alarm clock. Make sure you also download the FLASHLIGHT App, which in the event the power goes off in the night; a click will turn your iphone into a useable flashlight! Wake up and I think my dog is sick….I’ve got the DOG FIRST AID App for that…tells me things like what to do when my dog is dehydrated! Can’t sleep and want to read…the best seller ANGELS and DEMONS App lets access it immediately.
So I’ve been thinking of a few more Apps that …well maybe they are invented, maybe not. Here’s my wish list:
• The State of Minnesota Legislative App: simply click on this app and put in the budgeted dollar amount, bypasses all legislators and in one swoop everything is apportioned and bills automatically written.
• The Cheapest Beer and Wine in Bemidji App: no more going from liquor store to liquor store just to save $2.
• The Fish Finder App: wouldn’t it be cool if you could just hitch a little transducer over the side of your boat and your phone became a Vexilar?
• The Breathalyzer App: why not a little hole where you blow into your iphone to measure your alcohol level?
• The Deer Sensor App: like sonar, your phone sends out a signal and returns if a deer is near the roadway.
• The I Missed Church This Past Sunday and I’m Sorry App: maybe a downloaded message of forgiveness would be nice.
• The Mosquito App: This app emits a high pitch silent sound that keeps those pesky bugs away from you.
Feel free to throw in your “I wish they had an App for this” idea as a comment! Enjoy!